Who is Tanuj Ravi Rao?

A carbon-based life-form.

99% of the time my brain is thinking blah, meh, why, huh, what, food and computers. The other 1% I'm usually asleep.

What Do I Do?

I'm a graduate student in the Department of Computer Science @ Virginia Tech. I'm working on systems and networking research advised by Dr Ali R. Butt in the Distributed Systems & Storage Laboratory. My previous work includes cloud-native application development, linux systems administration, cloud architecture, and container orchestration. I have a Bachelor of Engineering - BE degree focused in Computer Science & Engineering from KLS Gogte Institute of Technology, Belagavi, India.


  • 2023 – present Ph.D. Computer Science student at Virginia Tech
  • 2017 – 2021 B.E. Computer Science from KLS Gogte Institute of Technology

Work Experience

  • Aug 2022 – Nov 2022 Full-stack Development Engineer at Ecobillz Private Limited
  • Jun 2019 – Mar 2022 Co-founder, Director at nTuring Technologies Private Limited
  • May 2016 – Dec 2022 SDE & IT Admin at Prithvi Metals Private Limited